Country music singer John Berry is following up his latest Gospel album "RealMan. RealLife. Real God" with a new album. But he needs our help. Berry is raising funds to record his new album via Kickstarter. The 40-day long Kickstarter began in July with a goal of raising $50,000, money which will pay for the production of a two disc set.
As of Tuesday, Aug. 4, the project's Kickstarter has generated $41,000 in pledges and is within striking distance of its goal. And, with only four days left to support the new album project, fans should not waste any time. Otherwise, they run the risk of missing out on some really great perks.
"I am so honored that my fans are rallying to support this project," said John. "We're excited to get started, get into the studio, and to lay down some great tracks for the new album. And it's all being made possible by the fans, which touches my heart."
Among the dozens of rewards offered to Kickstarter pledges are:
- digital downloads of the Christmas CD, a six-song bonus disc featuring inspirational holiday music, for $10
- a signed and personalized copy of the two-disc set, for $40
- a tee-shirt proclaiming your support of the project, $60
- invitations to the CD listening party in Nashville, $600
- a day in the studio with John to work on the album, $800
- a 30-minute miniconcert with John and his guitar appearing via Skype or Facetime, $1,200
- a private performance from John at the event of your choosing, $9,000
The untitled project will be a two-disc set. The first disc will feature 10 brand new country songs that he says are "absolute John Berry." The second disc in the set comprises five inspirational and Christmas songs. This is the second Kickstarter-funded independent album Berry has produced. His previous album, RealMan.RealLife.RealGod., was produced as a result of a successful Kickstarter campaign.
John's musical journey began in 1979, not long after he picked up a guitar. By the 1990s, he was a recording veteran. He has produced 6 Top-10 singles, including "Standing On the Edge Of Goodbye," "She's Taken a Shine," and the No. 1 hit, "Your Love Amazes Me." The voice behind two gold and one platinum albums, John continues to tour nationally. His rendition of "O Holy Night" launched one of country's most popular and enduring traditions, John Berry's Annual Christmas Tour. For more information about John, visit www.johnberry.com. Or, to support his upcoming album project, visitwww.kickstarter.com/projects/1711455387/john-berry.