Bishop T. D. Jakes and his church The Potter House are partnering with Perfecting Faith Church and Tabernacle of Glory in Miami to provide relief to 25,000 families affected by the recent earthquake and tropical storm in Haiti.
On 14 August 2021, an earthquake of the magnitude 7.2 struck the Tiburon Peninsula in the Caribbean nation of Haiti. At least 2,207 people were confirmed killed as of 22 August 2021 and above 12,000 injured. At least 136,800 buildings were damaged or destroyed. The earthquake is considered the deadliest earthquake and deadliest natural disaster of 2021.
"The Potter's House is committed to helping meet the needs of our brothers and sisters in Haiti," said Bishop T.D. Jakes, senior pastor of The Potter's House, whose humanitarian arm United Mega Care has provided relief domestically and abroad, including the Bahamas, Kenya and Zambia. "With your support we can help our United Mega Care partners, who already have boots on the ground preparing life-saving supplies like non-perishable food, PPE and tents, while also providing emergency care and spiritual guidance.
"This is the time, more than ever, to show love to others," added Gregory Toussaint, pastor of Tabernacle of Glory, which has branches throughout the United States and Canada as well as hundreds of Bible study groups in Haiti.
"Through this disaster relief effort, we will supply resources that will assist with the essentials for living in this emergency. We collaborate in this relief effort to be our 'brother's keeper,'" said Donnie McClurkin, pastor of Perfecting Faith Church in Freeport, New York.
Here's how you can help:
- Visit www.thepottershouse.org or text 28950 with the code: WeCareRelief along with your dollar amount to support our disaster relief efforts in Haiti.
- Financial donations via Tabernacle of Glory can be made by calling: 786-505-1580
- The South Florida Drop-off location is 990 NE 125th St., Suite 200, Miami, FL 33161
- Email: [email protected]
- Financial donations via Perfecting Faith Church can be made by texting the PFCHAITI or via Cash App: $PFCFREEPORT, with the word HAITI Relief in the memo.
- Donations can be dropped on in-person at Perfecting Faith Church, 311 N. Main St., Freeport, NY 11520