Singer, worship leader, and songwriter Aryn Michelle has just released the fourth single from her Pariah album (songs about biblical outcasts). "Making a Way," inspired by the life of John the Baptist, is a song that speaks about preachers and missionaries who pioneer new paths for the Gospel.
Michelle writes on social media, "We hope this can be an anthem for you to pursue the calling God has placed upon your life, even if the road is not easy and people might not be ready for it yet. This song is dedicated to all those preachers, ministers and bivocational church leaders who are `making a way in the wilderness' and making known the truth of the gospel in places where the work is hard, and there is no glamour or fame to be found."
Michelle Aryn is a faith-based songwriter, recording artist, worship leader and mother of four from Dallas, TX. She began recording distinctly faith-based music in 2014 because she finally felt confirmed in her calling to write insightful, challenging, and thoughtful songs for the people of the church. In 2014 she was named Female Artist and Writer of the Year at Gospel Music Association's Immerse Competition.
In 2015, she released Depth, an album made up of theologically heavy questions and challenges to coax listeners to reconsider their own faith in light of biblical truth. In 2017 she released The Realest Thing, a concept album inspired by a book on Christian apologetics where each song explores a different philosophical argument for the existence of God and proofs for Jesus Christ as God's Son. In 2019 Aryn released an EP of prayer and praise songs entitled Nothing Can Take Me Away. This collection of songs aim to encourage believers during their personal times of reflection and worship.
Track listing and Songwriting Credits of Pariah:
- The Limit (Aryn Michelle Calhoun)
- Furnace of Affliction (Caroline Cobb & Aryn Michelle Calhoun)
- Give It All Away (David Gentiles & Aryn Michelle Calhoun)
- Honest (feat. Delaney Ramsdell) (Delaney Ramsdell & Aryn Michelle Calhoun)
- Making a Way (Cedric Israel & Aryn Michelle Calhoun)
- Secondhand Love (Meg Ammons & Aryn Michelle Calhoun)
- Cast a Stone (Kristina Ray, Kaden Slay & Aryn Michelle Calhoun)
- The In Between (Paul Demer & Aryn Michelle Calhoun)
- Pariah (Cedric Israel & Aryn Michelle Calhoun)
- Shadow of Your Wings (Meesah Kuteyi, Jason Hundley & Aryn Michelle Calhoun)