Celine Dion is opening up like never before about the nearly two decades she spent searching for answers - and the faith and support that carried her through it.
In a new interview with Harper's Bazaar, the 58-year-old Grammy-winning singer revealed she experienced symptoms for 17 years before finally receiving a formal diagnosis of stiff-person syndrome in 2022. The rare neurological disorder, thought to be autoimmune, causes muscle stiffness and spasms.
The diagnosis followed years of uncertainty, but Dion is now preparing for a major return to the stage. Her upcoming five-week Paris residency, kicking off September 12, will mark her most significant comeback since her health challenges forced her to cancel shows and suspend her 2023 European Courage World Tour. In the years since, she has performed only once - at the 2024 Paris Olympics.
To get ready, Dion has committed to a demanding routine. She now does 90-minute Pilates sessions three times a week and takes ballet classes with a local company two other days each week, alongside rehabilitation that includes new medications, physical therapy, vocal therapy, and immunotherapy.
Through it all, Dion has pointed to the people supporting her from afar as a source of strength. When she first announced the Paris shows earlier this year, she thanked fans directly, saying, "Even in my most difficult times, you were there for me. You've helped me in ways I can't even describe. I've felt your prayers and support, your kindness and love."
Tickets for the residency sold out so quickly that Dion added a second, three-week run of shows in May 2027. For an artist whose ballads have moved audiences worldwide for decades, this return isn't just a comeback - it's a testimony to what perseverance, care, and, as she herself has said, prayer can carry a person through.
Related Article: Celine Dion Is Returning to the Stage This Fall: She Says She Felt Every Prayer Along the Way
















