With the current crises going on in our globe, 8-time GRAMMY nominee Tauren Wells calls upon Christians to pray. Wells lists three specific areas we need to focus our prayers on. First, last Saturday, Haiti was hit by an earthquake that brought down tens of thousands of buildings in the deeply impoverished country, which is still recovering from another major earthquake 11 years ago and the assassination of its president, Jovenel Moise, last month. Second, we need to be praying for Afghanistan as Taliban fighters have taken control of most of the country in just over one week. Finally, the COVID pandemic is still claiming the lives of millions of people all across the world.
Wells writes, "The world and its struggles feel heavy at the moment. From Haiti, to Afghanistan, to the global pandemic and a myriad of other conflicts and societal unrest. Today, please pray for:
* For the rescue efforts and assistance to reach survivors swiftly
* For the impending tropical storms to have minimal impact on the nation
* For inundated hospitals to receive the medical supplies and resources they need
* For families who are grieving or searching for loved ones
* For wisdom for the government and local authorities already vulnerable in the midst of a political crisis.
* For an immediate cease fire and urgent humanitarian aid to protect civilians and refugees
* For protection of women, girls, minority groups
* For wisdom and understanding to guide decision-making of global, regional and local leaders
* For end to the spread of the Covid-19 virus across our world
* For all health care professionals and frontline workers who continue to risk their lives to care for our loved ones
* For communities to come together to support the most vulnerable among us
* For all those struggling with mental health through isolation."
Tauren Wells is an eight-time GRAMMY®-nominated artist, six-time Dove award winner (including 2020 CCM Artist of the Year and Album of the Year), platinum-selling singer/songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, entrepreneur, as well as a public speaker. Accumulating 776 million total solo career global streams with over 1.95 billion audience impressions in the US, Tauren has established himself as one of the most talented and exciting young artists in the music industry today. Known for tracks like the Platinum-selling hit "Hills and Valleys," the Gold-certified "Known," as well as the multi-week No. 1 "Famous For (I Believe)," the five-time No. 1 hitmaker released his GRAMMY®-nominated second full-length studio album, Citizen of Heaven, in January 2020.