Dove Award-winning singer/songwriter and trailblazing worship artist Cheri Keaggy returns with What I Know To Be True. This is what we know about the record:
1. The album will be released on June 3.
2. Co-produced by Keaggy and GRAMMY®, Dove and ASCAP Golden Note Award-winning guitarist/vocalist Phil Keaggy, What I Know To Be True features 15 songs penned by Cheri Keaggy.
3. This is what Keaggy has to say about the new songs. "This record celebrates life's joys and sorrows, and the seasons God walks us through," she reveals. "Three-and-a-half years ago I received a call from my sister that my father had taken his life. None of us could have imagined he would make that choice. For a long time, I couldn't think about writing or recording again. But we grieve not without hope, and my journey has been framed through the lens of the Hope I have in Jesus."
"This new music is proof of how God heals broken hearts," Keaggy adds. "A transformation has happened and continues to happen as I place my life in His hands, trusting that He is good. He is writing a bigger story."
4. "Yours To Keep," the project's first single and video, was co-written by Cheri Keaggy and Phil Keaggy. The guitar-driven melody, both fresh and familiar, provides the perfect setting for lyrics that remind listeners of God's ever-present invitation to experience the fullness of His love.
5. The project's emotional cornerstone, "It Hurts To Say Goodbye To You (Psalm 116:15)," is the first song Keaggy wrote after the sudden death of her father, and in turn, that she shared at his memorial service. While the pain of loss is palpable, the lyrics both celebrate the gifts of her father's life and express the hopeful "hallelujah" of what is yet to come.
6. Here's a video of Keaggy talking about the new album:
7. Here's a listen to "Yours to Keep:"