Rory Feek will be releasing his first solo album entitled Gentle Man. Here are 7 things we know about the album.
1.Gentle Man is Feek's first solo album ever and first full-length album following the loss of his wife Joey to cancer.
2. Gentle Man features 14 tracks and collaborations with friends including Trisha Yearwood, Sonya Isaacs, Ricky and Sharon White Skaggs, Alison Krauss, Lee Ann Womack, Vince Gill, and others.
3. On the song "One Angel" Feek is joined by Dolly Parton. The song is a stirring tribute to Joey penned by family friend and songwriter Sandy Emory Lawrence. Dolly was a hero to Joey, who began singing Dolly's songs when she was just four years old. In the weeks before Joey's passing, Dolly sent Joey a special video message of love and support.
4. The song "Met Him at a Motel Room" was first recorded by Trisha Yearwood on her album Prizefighter a few years ago.
5. Rory Feek reveals his feelings about the album. "The fact is, I've never made my own record. I've only been part of the albums that she and I made through the years. But it's been more than 5 years since we recorded the Hymns album, and I guess it was finally just time. So, this past fall, I went into the studio with producers Ben Isaacs and Matt Johnson and some of Nashville's greatest musicians and recorded 14 new songs. Fourteen stories that are about to become part of mine. And to say that I'm excited about it, is an understatement."
6. The album will be released on June 18, the week before Father's Day.
7. Here's the tracklisting:
- Me and the Blues (with Vince Gill)
- Gentle Man
- Times are a changing
- Small Talk Cafe (with Ricky Skaggs & Sharon White Skaggs)
- Satan and grandma (with LeeAnn Womack)
- The Time Machine
- Somebody is me (with Sonya Isaacs)
- Met Him In A Motel Room (with Trisha Yearwood)
- Don't it-wanna go home
- Time Won't Tell (with Alison Krauss)
- Out on A Limb
- Broken Heart
- One Angel (with Dolly Parton)