Twenty-five years after the tragic passing of Rich Mullins, his legacy lives on. Fellow artists Amy Grant, Kevin Max, Andrew Peterson, Sara Groves, Ashley Cleveland, Mitch McVicker, Carolyn Arends, Brothers McClurg, Andrew Greer, Audrey Assad and others have come together to pay tribute to Mullins. Bellsburg...The Songs of Rich Mullins --- an 18-track double album celebrating the music of Rich Mullins --- recorded in Rich's old house in Bellsburg, TN.
The album will be released on November 4th. You can purchase iton vinyl, CD and as a download. You can also stream the album on Spotify, Apple Music, and all major music platforms.
The talents of Contemporary Christian singer/songwriter Rich Mullins and his work with the group Zion were first noticed by Christian music superstar Amy Grant. The inclusion of his song "Sing Your Praise to the Lord" on Grant's Age to Age album in 1982 soon lead to deals with Reunion Records and the start of a successful career as a songwriter and singer. With nearly ten albums and numerous Contemporary Christian hit songs to his credit, Mullins's career was cut short by an automobile accident that took his life on September 19, 1997, in Illinois.
Throughout his career, Mullins has been nominated a total of 12 times for Dove Awards, presented each year to the best in Contemporary Christian music. He never received the award, but close friend Doris Howard told Release magazine that he probably didn't mind. "Nashville didn't own Rich, but then, he cared nothing for the things of this world."
On September 19, 1997, the Jeep in which Mullins and close friend Mitch McVicker were traveling from Chicago to Wichita overturned on Interstate 39 in La Salle County, Illinois. Both men were thrown onto the road from their vehicle. A tractor trailer following close behind swerved to miss the Jeep but instead hit Rich, killing him instantly. McVicker, though injured critically, recovered.
- Hello Old Friends - Andrew Peterson featuring Andy Gullahorn & Ben Shive
- You Did Not Have A Home - Kevin Max featuring Mitch McVicker
- Both Feet On The Ground - Ashley Cleveland
- Heaven Is Waiting - Brothers McClurg
- Sparrow Watcher - Amy Grant, Cindy Morgan & Andrew Greer featuring Tommy Sims
- If I Stand - Steve Cudworth
- I See You - Audrey Assad
- Sometimes By Step - Ian Zumback featuring Ron Block
- Hold Me Jesus - Sara Groves featuring Bonnie Keen & Andrew Greer
- Whitewater - Rich Mullins
- Here In America - Jason Gray featuring Jimmy Abegg
- My Deliverer - Mitch McVicker
- Calling Out Your Name - Andrew Osenga & Taylor Leonhardt
- Bound To Come Some Trouble - Stephen McWhirter & Jason Clayborn
- Hard To Get - David Mullins featuring Jonathan Mullins
- Whitewater - Carolyn Arends
- We Are Not As Strong As We Think We Are - Derek Webb
- Holy Pretenders - Rich Mullins