Chris Hodges, Lead Pastor of Church of the Highlands in Birmingham, AL, has released his brand new book Out of the Cave. This book is aimed to help those who are struggling with depression. Hodges tries to find liberating solutions by drawing from the life of the prophet Elijah.
The press release details, "In Out of the Cave, bestselling author and pastor Chris Hodges uses Elijah's life to show us that everyone is susceptible to depression. Even when we're walking closely with God, we can still stumble and get lost in the wilderness of tangled emotions. But we don't have to stay there, because we serve a God who meets us in the darkness."
Hodges believes that this book also has important to say to those of us who are battling with depression. "Even when we're walking closely with God, we can still stumble and get lost in the wilderness of tangled emotions," Hodges teaches. "But we don't have to stay there, because we serve a God who meets us in the darkness. After 2 years of research and writing, I am so excited to get this book into the hands of people who have battled with depression and anxiety or know someone who does."
This book will give you...
1. The 6 things Elijah did that got him in the cave of depression.
2. The 5 things God did to help Elijah out of the cave.
3. The 10 things that you should never say to someone who is depressed.
4. The 10 things that you can say that would help someone who is depressed.
5. My Daily Declaration that solidifies who I am in Christ.
6. Prayers you can pray when you're depressed (including a prayer written by my wife Tammy).
7. Scriptures to read when you're depressed.
Gospel artist CeCe Winans has high praises for the book when she writes, "If you battle with depression or anxiety, this book that was released today by my good friend @pastorchrishodges will be of GREAT encouragement in your personal life."