Phil Wickham was born Philip David Wickham on April 5, 1984 in San Diego, California.
Phil signed with Simple Records, the boutique label that Mercy Me front man Bart Millard and producer Pete Kipley started together. After several years with the label, he moved to Fair Trade Services.
Married to Mallory Plotnik in 2008, the couple welcomed their first child, a daughter named Penelope Maye, on September 8, 2011. Mabel, their second daughter, was born in July of 2013.
- - "When I was 18, I cut my first independent record. I was hoping people would think I sounded a little above mediocre. I guess it came out a lot better than that, though." (from an interview with Heidi J. Krumenauer)
- - "I want to constantly be reminded of the fact that everything I have has been given by the Lord. I have been saved. I have done so much, but I have been forgiven of it all." (from an interview with Christianity Today)
- - "The perfect worship song is made up of truth, passion, creativity and sincerity. There's too much greatness in God to write a perfect worship song. We need a million amazing and unique worship songs to scratch the surface of how great he really is." (from an interview with Louder Than the Music)
Phil Wickham Trivia
- - Phil is a big fan of U2 and Bono.
- - The 10th track from Cannons, "Jesus Lord of Heaven", has been translated into seven different languages.
- - He started leading worship when he was 12 years old.
- - The Ascension, 2013
- - Singalong2, 2012
- - Response, 2011
- - Heaven & Earth, 2009
- - Singalong, 2008
- - Cannons, 2007
- - Phil Wickham, 2006
Essential Phil Wickham
Phil Wickham Online